Life Lift Church Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written, 2 Peter 1:21, Ephesians 3:4, 1 Corinthians 14:37
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- That by the words of the scriptures all men will one day be judged, John 12:48
We believe in one God.
- That God is the Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
- That God passionately loves man in spite of what any man may have done, Romans 5:6-10
- That God in His holiness cannot fellowship man in his sin. Isaiah 59:1-2
- That God, due to His love and mercy, planned a plan and worked that plan to deliver those who seek Him through Jesus the Christ, Ephesians 1:11.
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, John 1:1.
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
- That since sin demands of all men who sin the just payment of death, that Jesus, because of his great love for us, chose to take that penalty upon himself by choosing a cross-death to pay for our death penalty, Isaiah 53:3-6, John 1:29, 1 Peter 2:24, 2 Corinthians 5:21.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who delivers believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state.
- That the consequences of Adam's sin became available throughout the world bringing brokenness into the world when each man sins.
- That in time all humans succumb to sin and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God
- That by the Father, Christ voluntarily took the death consequence upon himself in order that we might be pardoned.
- That justification is "by" faith alone (Romans 3:21-22) in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That this justification takes place "when" one with faith / trust in what Jesus did at the Cross receives Christ as described in the scriptures (Acts 2:38, Mark 16:15-16, Romans 6:3-6, Galatians 3:26-27) at which time that individual becomes a child of God, fully forgiven to walk a new life with the Father and to continue his journey as a disciple of the Lord Jesus
- That because Jesus resurrected from the dead, that resurrection gives us evidence and genuine hope that the Father accepted Jesus' death payment in the place of our own death